Find your serenity now.
Participate in the Serenity Study!
To find out if you’re eligible to participate:
The Serenity Study is a voluntary research study that will assess different approaches to stress management in order to help lower blood pressure. You may be eligible to participate if you:
- have blood pressure in the pre-hypertensive range (systolic BP 120-140 or diastolic BP 80-90)
- are a healthy adult between the ages of 21 and 70
- are interested in learning ways to better manage stress
- are not taking blood pressure medication
- are a non-smoker
If you are eligible and decide to participate in the Serenity Study, you will be asked to:
- provide baseline measurements of blood pressure and complete surveys
- participate in an 8-week stress management class
- provide a 6-month and 1-year follow-up assessment of blood pressure and complete surveys
Qualified study participants will receive an 8-week stress management course at no cost to them and monetary compensation may be provided.